Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Travel Experience




My first experience with travel came at a very early age. When I was six years old I accompanied my parents and my grandmother on a trip to Munich to visit family. That trip was over thirty years ago, but it left a very big impression upon me. I visited my first palace, Herrenchiemsee. I also visited my first castle, Neuschwanstein. I rode a train for the very first time on the trip from the airport in Frankfurt am Main to Munich. I still remember the green seats and watching all of the bridges pass by. I even remember the book I took with me; a book of Peanuts comics. It was on this trip that I learned how to ride a bike outside of my great-aunt's house. The picture of the happy kid is me on that first successful bike ride. It was on this trip that I first developed a taste for and a love of travel. I am very much looking forward to being back in Munich next month. :-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment