Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Reflecting on a Great Trip

I can't believe that we have been home for two weeks! While I have had to continue working at that impossibly fast American pace (Seriously! Do we ever stop working in this country?), I have taken a few moments to reflect upon our two and a half weeks in Europe. This was one of my favorite trips to Europe I have ever taken. Although I did not learn how to ride a bike for the first time or learn how to swim, there were several things that we did on this trip that I have never done before. This was the first time that I have actually been down in the Catacombs of Paris. I got close last year, but ran out of time. Our trip to a Swiss alpenhut for dinner and the alpenhorn playing contest were new experiences for me. Our cable-car journey to the top Mount Titlis was also new. I've been on cable cars before, and I've been to the top of tall mountains. But this was the first time that I had to take three different cable cars to get there, and the first time that I rode a rotating cable car. Hights usually bother me, but this time I was too excited to notice how high up we really were. I was also thrilled to be able to go up to the upper floors of the Orsanmichele. I had never been up there before. Of course, I can't forget our trip to the gelato factory. What a fantastic experience! I think all other gelato may have been ruined for me. Well, not really. I love gelato!


I'd like to also extend my thanks to Patty Hutsler, our tour consultant at ACIS. She went out of her way, as usual, to make sure that we were able to keep all of our original cities on our itinerary. I'd also like to thank Thomas Randall, our fantastic tour manager, and Mauro Tonelli, who matched us up with Thomas. It's the opportunity to work with dedicated professionals like these that makes traveling with ACIS a rewarding and enriching experience for group leaders and tour participants.

I'll leave you with a few more images from our trip, for now. I hope you all had as much fun as I did, and I hope you will all consider going back on your own or as part of a study abroad program.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment